Thursday, January 16, 2014

Intermission

This was meant to be a blog about things that I am grateful and thankful for. However, today has been really exhausting and emotionally and mentally draining and would benefit from a few quotes that keep me doing what I do every single day. I do what I do and am grateful for everything as it pushes me toward my one true love of flight. Nothing makes me happier than maneuvering myself in the air and soaring above the world below. Nothing makes me more at peace with myself than when I am listening to the single engine chugging away and the radios crackling in my headset. Nothing makes me, me.

"You can always tell when a man has lost his soul to flying. The poor bastard is hopelessly committed to stopping whatever he is doing long enough to look up and make sure the aircraft purring overhead continutes on course and does not suddenly fall out of the sky. It is also his bound duty to watch every aircraft within view take off and land"

- Ernst K. Gann - "Fate is the Hunter"


"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyse turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

- Leonardo Da Vinci - 

No comments:

Post a Comment